Vision and Mission
Awards and other Publications
Special Bulletin News
Information on MC with foreigners
The Judiciary of Bhutan would like to join the nation in celebrating the auspicious occasion of the 42nd Birth Anniversary of His Majesty the King. We offer our heartfelt prayers and wishes for His Majesty’s good health and long life. May the sun of happiness and prosperity shine forever in the Kingdom of Bhutan.
Coinciding with this very auspicious occasion, the Judiciary of Bhutan is pleased to launch its Annual Report for the year 2021, which was delayed due to the recent lockdown. The most important part of the report is the case statistics of the courts across the country for 2021.
Brief Case Statistics:
Following are some brief statistics reflected in the Annual Report:
1. 7805 cases were registered, and 8394 cases were decided in 2021.
2. 994 cases were decided through court-annexed mediation in 2021.
3. There were 100 cases pending beyond 12 months in 2021, which is an all-time low.
4. The High Court of Bhutan had no cases pending beyond 12 months.
5. All the cases pending before the erstwhile Larger Bench (dissolved in May 2021) were disposed by the end of the year.
6. Since its launch in April 2021, 108 users have registered, and 19 cases have been registered on the e-Litigation Platform as of 31st December 2021.
Only a limited number of copies have been printed to ensure minimal cost and physical interaction. Soft copy of the Annual Report (in PDF) is available on the Judiciary’s website under the publications section.